Sunday, September 4, 2011

Early Funday Sunday

My eldest and I were up early this morning....I'm talking EARLY! Like, the you-know-what-of-dawn early! I was out of the house at 4:05 am to grab some donuts, then waking this one up for a 4:30 am treat.


My little girl, who is not so little anymore, is off to her first Brownie event - and couldn't possibly be any more excited! They are driving to the Anaheim Stadium (or is it Angel Stadium? Los Angeles Angels that are in Orange County Field? I can't keep up...) to cheer for the crazy people running the Disneyland Half Marathon. Now, don't get me wrong - I dream of running a half marathon, so one day I'll be a little crazy too. But these people that run the Disneyland Half Marathon are their own special crazy - dressing up in Mickey and Goofy costumes and THEN running 13 miles! I think that's kinda crazy. But I digress....

Em and three of her greatest friends are off to sing and dance and yell at the top of their lungs and encourage the runners at the end of the race, when they need it the most. Who wouldn't keep running for these faces?!



They really are too cute. They were all quite chipper this morning too - literally jumping up and down giddy. I guess she needs a Brownie wake up call every morning!

Em was SUPER excited to get this new uniform - she just had to get it all - tights, official Brownie skirt, and my personal favorite, the Brownie beanie. I just love this girl.



My co-Troop Leader Terra thought it best I sit this one out - standing for 5 hours does not sound like my cup of tea right now. So, I'm off to put up these feet that I'm sure are going to start swelling any day now....


Have fun little ladies!




2 comments:

Nat said...

I can't believe how old she is!! such a cutie!!!

mygirl said...

our girls are kindred spirits. avery has the beanie too. she's the only one in her troop that has it and she wears it everytime. too cute, looks like the girls were excellent cheerers :)