Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Oh My Nola...

Well, after waiting for it seemed like a lifetime, Little (actually Big!) Miss Nola is out. She came in at a whopping 8 lbs 11oz and is 22 inches long. Deb was a rockstar during the delivery, but she unfortunately suffered a Uterine Rupture about halfway through. Essentially what happened is the incision from Deb's first c-section opened during labor and nearly forced Nola out of the uterus - But, the staff at Long Beach Memorial was amazing and got Nola out within 5 minutes of the rupture.



Now, Mommy and baby are happy and are both adjusting to their new lives. As for Dad, I am doing great. I got to spend last night in the bed sharing the room with Deb as we were lucky enough to not have a roommate last night. Keeping our fingers crossed that this will happen tonight too.

Hope you enjoy the pics!!






3 comments:

maren said...

I'm so excited about so many things!!! First- yea!!!!!! Nola is beautiful and we're just so darn happy for you guys! Second- YIPEE for you to get a blog!!!!!! Love you guys!!!!!

Sarah Eileen said...

Me too!!!! Steve called and told me you had a website then he said blogspot and I thought YES!! Maren and I were just talking about this!! Good job! CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am looking forward to March!!

ano237 said...

cute as buttons that kid! i would expect nothing less from you guys. congratulations on your new addition!